Monday 16 August 2010

Bikes and boys

So this past weekend turned out to be pretty good. I started it off at Cape Town's V&A Waterfront. Charley Boorman was doing a book signing and well, being a geeky Word Nerd, I was more than happy to stand in the rather long queue to get a book signed. Boorman is one half of the duo that (in my opinion) made travelling around the world on BMW bikes cool. If you haven't yet had the chance to watch Long Way Down or Long Way Round, do yourself a favour and check it out. The most amazing adventures! 


Since doing those series, Boorman has gone on to fly solo and write books of his own, based on his latest travels. There's no doubt about it - he's a cool guy. I'm insanely jealous of the places he's been to - certainly beats the regular nine to five. Nice! 

  

Right to the Edge: Sydney to Tokyo by Any Means chronicles Charley's latest adventure. I've just started reading it but so far so good. I guess if you can't be there yourself, armchair travelling is the next best thing.
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is this! I read his Race to Dakar book and watched the shows. So cool!

Let me know what you think of the new book!

MissNj said...

Will do!

Yup, he definitely has an awesome job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails