Tuesday 5 January 2010

Stir the eggnog, lift the toddy, Happy New Year, everybody!

So did you have a good Christmas and a happy new year? I hope you did. Mine was pleasant and lovely, though it's completely flown by. Can't believe it's already time to take down the Christmas tree and get stuck into 2010. The date alone sounds completely futuristic - even Stanley Kubrik didn't think that far ahead when he made his sci-fi 2001: A Space Odyssey. To think it was 10 years ago that the dreaded Y2K was looming and people were flocking to supermarkets to stock up on Koo beans and corned beef. Not me though.

The end of a decade and the beginning of a new one. Cool. Let's see what this one brings.

As for resolutions? I'm not making any. Totally refusing to set myself up for failure, so I'm not going there. But I will say this - I really want to make this a year for being happy, and if that means working on finding my dream job, getting reunited with my inner skinny and falling head over heels in love, then that's what I'm going to do. Lately I've come across so many reminders that life's all about taking chances and making mistakes. And learning from them. So my motto for 2010 is to practice being brave. It's never come naturally to me but sitting at home playing it safe isn't working out so great either.

Anyhoo, on that note, "here's to wishing you a sturdy home, a large garden, many friends, good books and a fine wine!"


Slangevar x o x o



 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails