Monday 6 July 2009

Weekend post-mortem


What a weekend! It started off really badly and ended really well.


I've been a particularly sick puppy this winter. (I blame it on age. After all, I am 32 now.) Anyway, on Thursday I started hacking and coughing again (so sexy) and by Saturday I thought I was DYING! So I stayed in bed, only leaving it once to make a run to the chemist where I bought enough drugs to keep a Columbian druglord satisfied, and then it was straight home and back to bed. I felt so insanely sorry for myself that I would've cried except I knew it would just make my throbbing head all that more worse. Let's just say I saw the light a few times, but when I woke up yesterday, I felt So Much Better. And good thing as it was one of my favourite gal pal's birthday and we were off to the Barnyard to watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show.


After nearly getting arrested at Cavendish (thanks to an old foundation compact I keep in my hangbag that kept setting off Woolies' alarm) I made the trek north to Willowbridge. This being my first venture from my death bed, I definitely intended to take it easy. So much for that. Of course, I had quite a bit of fruit (read: wine) but I was relatively responsible. (So proud!)

The Rocky Horror was awesome! It's the second time I've seen the show at the Barnyard but it certainly didn't lose any of its appeal in the repeat performance. So dodgy but so good. I really think everyone should aim to live life like Frank N Furter. Well, maybe not exactly like him, but you know what I mean. Anyway, we went to the afternoon show which meant when the show finished it was still daylight. Which meant (of course) that it was way too early to be responsible adults and head straight home. Yeah. So we headed out for more wine. And then some more. As you do.

Monday morning was a little touch and go. But not as bad as I thought it would be. Anyway, that's my weekend in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to the next one!

The local cast may not include Tim Curry but the guy who plays Dr Frank N Furter is Pretty Damn Impressive!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails