Friday 19 June 2009

Last Girl Standing

Last night, the last of my single friends got engaged. This means that three of my close friends are currently engaged while the rest of them have already tied the knot. I'm now officially the last (single) chick standing.

Now, if this was Survivor, I'd be the Ultimate Survivor and Jeff would be holding a $1 000 000 cheque with my name on it.

I'm a winner! High-five!


But this isn't Survivor and there's no Jeff. All the same, the tribe has left the island and so I now have the place all to myself. The upside is I can run around my island naked, eat whatever I want on my island, and sleep whenever I want.
On my island. Yup, my very own big, deserted, lonely island.

Sigh.


Outwit, outplay, outlast. I guess one out of three isn't bad.



4 comments:

Niel de la Rouviere said...

You win some you lose some. ;p

MissNj said...

Yup.

To be fair, I'm really delighted for my buddy. Her fiance is a great guy and I know she's thrilled to bits.

AC Siapno said...

I felt like I was NEVER gunna get married right at the moment I met my husband. I literally was balling my eyes out watching the ellaborate fireworks show at my best friend's wedding when the guy I'd been flirting with all weekend turned to me and said "Well, I can't think of a better time for a first kiss, can you?"

Fast forward a year and a half and now we're hitched. Crazy.

MIght I also add that being single rocks! I love it when my hubby goes away for the weekend and I get to hang out again with my single gals!!!

MissNj said...

I agree! Being single definitely has a LOT of up-sides!

But thank you! You've given me renewed hope! What a great story! Romantic! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails